“There’s never an easy route to the things that matter.” ― Charles de Lint
“I have walked around the same streets so many times, and then seen a place that had been hidden to me. I now know the sites in a way that makes me think I could have made better use of the connections between place and snowball.” — Andy Goldsworthy
Thank for stopping by to learn a little about me, and what I do on a day to day basis.
First, my name is Kim, and I live with my “tribe” which consists of: 1 husband, 4 kids, 5 cats, 1 tarantula, 5 birds, 1 dog, and whatever wild thing happens to appear from the forest behind us. We live in a eclectic house, on a small plot of land (2 acres), somewhere near Louisville, Kentucky. Our life is as simple as it can be, and we do not engage or allow lifestyle dogma or drama to bring chaos to our presence.
Normally this is where I should give you all the details of my life so you can make a decision on whether to continue reading my blog, or find someone else. With that, let me cut right to the chase.
- For fun and profit I’m a professional artist, photographer, author, and storyteller. My life is filled with creativity, teaching, and staying close to what makes my soul happy.
- My life is fluid, and I’m always learning. This makes me prone to flights of fancy, with dramatic dips into whimsy. I love sharing parts of my life with the world, and integrate my sense of wonder into my work with clients.
- In my walk I’ve won awards and things for my creative side, with my photography and artwork has been displayed around the world. There are over 500 original pieces in the hands of magnificent people all over the world.
- Every so often I win a poetry competition or two, and I have a self-published book in print on Amazon.
- It’s been verified by several sources that I am, in fact, a weird lady down the street.
We are all just trying to walk each other home, and do our best not to hurt anything along the way. In my work that is my primary theme, as well as understanding that all things on this planet – and really in the whole of the Universe – are connected.
If you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a message.